Exercise is one of the most powerful things that people can do for their bodies. By spending 20-30 minutes at least three times per week exercising, you can reap a number of incredible benefits:
- Weight Control: Exercise burns fat and calories and build muscle which, in turn, helps to burn more calories even when you aren’t exercising. When combined with a thoughtful diet plan, exercise can help people shed pounds and maintain an overall healthy body weight.
- Strong Bones: Weight bearing exercises, such as strength training and cardio, help bones become harder and more dense. Keeping bones strong is an important part of battling osteoporosis and defending yourself against fractures and breaks.
- Strong Muscles: Exercise builds muscle which burns calories and helps protect the body’s spine and other structures.
- Better Skin: Exercise boots circulation which, in turn, brings more nutrients to the body and the skin and detoxifies organs. Exercise also increases collagen, which keeps skin firm and fresh looking.
- Less Stress: When you exercise, the stress hormones in your blood stream decrease which, in turn, lowers the heart rate, relaxes blood vessels and lowers blood pressure.
- Better Mood: Exercise releases endorphins, which are your body’s natural mood enhancer. Active people tend to suffer from less depression and also helps to keep people calm.
- Better Immune System: Exercise strengthens the immune system, so that you are less likely to suffer from colds and flus.
- Clearer Thinking: Exercise boost the flow of blood to the brain and delivers nutrients and oxygen. Over time, people who exercise regularly have faster brainwaves than those who do not.
- Better Sleep: Since exercise uses more physical energy during the day, you’re likely to get better sleep at night.
- Better Sex Life: Sexual performance is dependent upon overall health, and the benefits of exercise translate readily into the bedroom.
Some people find that they do not have enough time in the day to exercise, however the Drive Medical Exercise Peddler is one possible solution to this problem, because it allows people to multi-task while exercising. With the drive peddler, you can:
- Watch instructional or educational videos.
- Read or study.
- Work on the computer.
- Watch children.
- Fold laundry.
- And many more.
The drive peddler can be combined with any seated activity because it is portable and only requires the use of the feet. You can use it while sitting on a couch, in a chair, on the floor or anywhere else while reaping the benefits of regular exercise. Some other reasons to use the drive peddler:
- Easy to Use: To operate the drive peddler, simply place your feet or hands on the pedals and turn them in an alternating motion — similar to that of a bicycle. No special skill, balance or coordination is required.
- Convenient: The drive peddler is compact and portable, so it can be moved to any room in the house, stored as needed, and even taken on trips. Plus, this exercise is done in doors during any type of weather or time of day.
- In-Home Use: For those who are uncomfortable exercising in front of others or simply need to say in doors, the drive peddler is a private, comfortable way to ensure that you get the exercise needed to stay healthy and fit.
- Low-Risk: The fluid, low impact movement of the drive peddler means that it is safe for knees, ankles, elbows, shoulders and other joints.
It’s easy to see that there are many benefits to using the exercise equipment during daily exercise. However, it is important to note that other exercises should be used as well in order to get a well-rounded workout. Overall, the three basic components of an effective workout plan are:
- Stretching Exercises: This can include basic stretches or exercises that focus on flexibility such as yoga and dance.
- Conditioning Exercise: This includes pedaling, cycling, walking, running or any other stamina-building exercise that involves steady or heavy breathing.
- Strength-building Exercises: Lifting weights and using resistance equipment can help to build muscle strength.
You don’t need to go to a gym to get a full-rounded workout, however. All-over stretching can build flexibility quickly and effectively while household items such as canned food can be used as simple weights.
When starting exercise, it is not necessary to develop a complicated or lengthy routine. Talk to your doctor before starting any workout routine, but simple exercises like walking or using the drive peddler can typically be used in small amounts each day. By setting small goals, such as five-minute pedaling sessions each day, you can gradually become accustomed to a routine and slowly increase the amount of time or level of tension you use in each session.
Staying hydrated is also an important part of developing an exercise routine. Drink plenty of water before, during and after your exercise routine to ensure that your body has enough fluids. Not only will water replace the fluids you lose through sweating and heavy breathing, but it will help your blood to circulate more freely and actually make you feel more energized throughout your session.
Exercise has some incredible health benefits that affect the body and the mind. Exercising on a regular basis helps to keep weight down, moods up, stress low, immunity high and skin looking fresh. Getting at least 20-30 minutes of exercises at least three times per week should be on everyone’s to-do list, but in today’s busy world it can fall by the wayside. Priorities such as work, school and family time often take precedence.
However, with so many benefits to exercise, it’s crucial that it become a priority. The Drive Medical Exercise Peddler helps to bring exercise back into the lives of even the busiest people by allowing them to complete other tasks while using it. Even for people who are homebound or live alone, the drive peddler can be used while watching television or reading, making it a healthy way to catch up on the news or watch your favorite shows while simultaneously reaping all the health benefits of exercise.
There’s no reason to exclude exercise from you life. Vitality Medical the exercise equipment shown in this article, including the Wrist and Ankle Weights, the Exercise Pulley Set, the Cardio Watch, and the Thera Band Resistive Exercise System as part of a healthy exercise routine.
ArthritisToday: Exercising – Benefits of Stationary Cycling