There are several reasons why at one time or the other, you or your loved one may need a hospital bed. If you need a hospital bed, the option of whether to buy or rent one usually comes up. Buying a hospital bed is not a bad idea, neither is renting one. However, there are several factors in determining whether it would be better to buy a hospital bed or to rent one.
Invacare Low Bed
You may want to rent if the need for such bed is not extended for a brief period of 1 to 2 months. But when the bed is needed for an extended period of time, it becomes most cost effective to buy a long term care bed instead. There are several advantages when you buy your own hospital bed instead of renting it. The benefits include but not limited to the following:
You Get a Brand New Bed
Sadly, when you rent a hospital bed, there is every possibility that it is not new making it prone to faults and breakdown, especially when it is the full electric bed. These beds have motors and other mechanical parts that wear-out. This is not the case when you purchase your own bed, since it will surely come with a warranty. Most of all, when you purchase a new bed, you can choose the latest and greatest brands with the newest technologies, instead of getting whatever is available.
Heavy Duty Full Electric Bed
When you buy a hospital bed, whether it is the low hospital bed or the manual hospital bed, you end up saving a good deal of money when compared to what you would have spent renting one. You can start by multiplying the rental rate of $200 to $300 times 12 months of the year and compare the result to the price of purchasing a manual hospital bed at less than $600 or the semi electric bed at less than $500.00. You can also buy brand new mattresses for as low as $130.00 for the beds.
With that line of reasoning, it seems impractical to rent a hospital bed for any length of time. Buying your hospital bed seems the viable long-term option solution.
In our brave new global world, it often seems that everything has changed. Some of those changes disturb and annoy whereas many of them make streamlining our lives possible as never before. Shopping online has become a standard for most people and most households. Following are some reasons for shopping online for medical supplies:
- Discount Prices. Because most online providers are mega-businesses, they can offer Discount Prices on Medical Supplies, sometimes drastically lower prices.
- Comparison Shopping. You don’t need to drive all over the city, the area, or even the country to compare prices and value. This is not only a big time-saver; it is also a big budget-booster.
- Impulse buying. If you’re shopping in a store, you’re inclined to pick up things you don’t need, such as snacks and other foods. You’re also more likely to buy something on impulse rather than planning for it ahead of time. The money seems to dribble away.
- Shipping. If you think it costs too much extra to buy online, be sure to factor in the cost of going to a store to buy the same thing. Even if you don’t need to go far, you will use gas sitting in traffic and trying to find a parking place. If you’re a savvy shopper, you’ll plan to buy around holidays when online sellers offer Free Shipping or discounted shipping.
- Returns. Most online sellers make returns easy. In a store, returns are treated as a bother and there tends to be a series of obstacles in order to get the item returned. Lost your sales slip? Forget it. The item is yours forever when you shop at a retail store. An example of a online medical supply store’s online return policy can be viewed at Vitality Medical Return Policy.
- Security of Information. We’ve had enough experience with identity theft in recent years to be able to say without equivocation that it’s just as safe online as it is when you swipe it in a store to pay for goods.
But shopping for medical supplies? Many of the reasons listed above for buying online apply to medical supplies. Following are some good reasons for buying the medical supplies you need online:
Convenience. Your medical supplies are delivered to your front door. If you are unwell, front-door delivery is particularly valuable.
- Wider variety to choose from. For example, if you are buying a portable oxygen concentrator, Vitality Medical has the Top Five Selling Portable Oxygen Concentrators to choose from, and they are priced lower than you can find them in your local store.
- Products are reviewed by users. You have the benefit of real-life experience by actual product users. This is almost always not available if you buy over the counter.
Vitality Medical makes online shopping easy. No hidden prices and strong customer support. Shop online today at Vitality Medical!